Romelu Lukaku became the first Belgian to reach 100 Premier League goals as Manchester United quickly regained second place in the table from Liverpool with a comfortable 2-0 win over Swansea City on Saturday.The powerful striker put his team in front within five minutes from a pass by Alexis Sanchez, who added the second quarter of an hour later.United, with record signing Paul Pogba back in the side, were dominant, although David de Gea did have to make two saves from Tammy Abraham.Swansea, revitalised under Jose Mourinho’s friend and compatriot Carlos Carvalhal, remained three points above the relegation zone.
Great Britain’s Mo Farah delighted the National Stadium when he won the Men’s 3,000m at the JN Racers Grand Prix earlier this evening. Farah chased Australian Pat Tierman until the last 250m of the race and clocked a time of 7:41.20 seconds. Tierman finished second in 7:41.62 ahead of Jamaica’s Kemoy Campbell, third in 7:41.87 seconds.
4:00 p.m.It probably was no surprise, aside from the size of the oppositioin, but senior running back Esteban Camarillo was a standout in Whittier Christian High School’s preseason scrimmage with Anaheim this morning. “Anaheim may have been the biggest team I’ve seen in awhile,” coach Jon Caffrey said, “but overall I was really pleased with the way we played. Esteban did really well. He’s just such a durable guy.” Caffrey said junior quarterback Brett Esslinger, who is up from the junior varsity, “struggled a bit on the first series, but I was impressed with the way he came back and did some good things in the second and third series. “Overall, I pleased where we are right now.” AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREFrumpy Middle-aged Mom: My realistic 2020 New Year’s resolutions. Some involve doughnuts. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ New job Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January FAREWELL targets Darren Gough discusses if Tanguy Ndombele will be a game changer for Tottenham There are just two weeks left in the transfer window, meaning Spurs are no longer contractually obliged to sell the Belgian for the bargain basement fee.But Durham believes the former Southampton defender would not justify a lofty fee and explained why, in his opinion, the centre-back is overrated.“It’s because he is not good enough, it is as simple as that,” Durham said on Drivetime.“He’s 30-years-old as well, if he goes anywhere he’s going to want a big deal. Nobody is going to want to pay him those big wages over a long term.“Because he is not at an age where he is going to be effective for a top club in Europe.” LATEST Toby Alderweireld is reportedly eyeing a lucrative free transfer next summer following the expiration of his £25million release clause.Tottenham took up the option to extend the defender’s contract by another 12 months and activated a clause that meant he could leave for a cut price fee.There was some interest, with Roma the side who were most linked to the Belgium international, but it expired on Thursday and he looks set to stay. Liverpool update ‘Champions Wall’ after ending 2019 as European and world champions 1 Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update deals Tottenham are believed to be keen to still discuss a new deal but a lucrative signing on bonus next season with a new club could be enticing.Alderweireld is entering his fifth season at the club and has formed a solid partnership with compatriot Jan Vertonghen in central defence.Adrian Durham labelled Tottenham Hotspur fans ‘deluded and wrong’ when discussing the future of Toby Alderweireld. Former Crystal Palace and West Brom manager Pardew takes over at Dutch strugglers Matic one of two players for sale with ‘two Premier League clubs’ interested Getty Toby Alderweireld’s £25million release clause has now expired REVEALED Man United transfer news live: Haaland ‘wants a change’, two players off in January TROPHY The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star The fact that no-one came in for the 30-year-old did come as a surprise but it would appear Alderweireld is happy at Spurs for the time being.The Daily Mail claim that the defender has his eyes on a money-spinning free transfer next summer.He is believed to have turned down contract offers from the north London club of around £150,000-a-week. latest Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 2:17Loaded: 7.21%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -2:17 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
A Donegal cancer group has claimed that lives are being put deliberately at risk due to funding & staffing shortages at Letterkenny Hospital?Donegal Action for Cancer Care that it feels the Government is deliberately stripping Letterkenny Hospital of the necessary funding, staffing and resources so it cannot deliver its key health services?Spokeswoman Betty Holmes said “If the hospital is not provided with what it needs to deliver services to treat sick people are patient’s lives being put at risk? Who cares? DACC do. We in Donegal Action for Cancer Care believe so. Letterkenny Hospital without staff, access to theatres, crazy waiting lists, no support for staff who are prepared to do extra work to help address some of the problems and help get patients treated. We keep writing to letters/ emails but get no replies any more. Communication systems that had existed over many years no longer exist! DACC never stop working, we are voluntary, unpaid but very committed and passionate about the work we do.There are so many serious issues among which are:• The National Cancer Control Programme has blocked the recruitment /appointment of the 2nd Breast Surgeon announced publicly in Jan 2016. Why has this been blocked? Has the Cancer Control Programme the authority to do so? Who gives them this power?• There are well over 600+ Breast cancer patients waiting to be seen. The next thing we will hear is that the Breast Unit at LUH cannot take any more patients!! Down the road to Galway again!! Not good enough! Saolta University Hospital Group has questions that really need to be answered. If not the Saolta University Hospital Group then who? Who gives Saolta their power? Who is accountable? We know from past experience over the years that there is no commitment to keeping the Breast Unit at LUH going. Focus on Galway! • Why are there approx. 13 Colorectal Cancer patients at Letterkenny Hospital who are waiting months to be seen & have not yet? Why?• Theatre lists at LUH are now down to one day per month for most Consultants maybe less in March!! Will your surgery be cancelled maybe it has already? Again not acceptable!• Consultants at LUH agreed to work Saturdays if they were given the resources to so…no help or support given!!! Why? All specialities were to be seen/treated at weekends by these consultants? Terrible with the huge waiting lists!• What finance, staff & resources have been put into support services at LUH in the last year? Definitely not what is needed. Letterkenny Hospital has always received less funding for the number of patients it has treated over many years.• How many staff at LUH are due to retire in coming months or this year? Have the posts thatwill be vacant been advertised? Why can’t key staff be recruited for LUH? Why hasn’t this difficulty that we are always told of been addressed? Ms Holmes added “We strongly believe that Letterkenny Hospital is a great hospital with excellent staff that are totally committed to their patients. We believe that the problems are not with the staff.“It is as we have said many times before it is about stripping Letterkenny Hospital and it will be the community hospital of the future!“We do keep our Donegal Elected Representatives informed.“As we have said many times before there are Political, Medical & Professional Politics and we are not sure where Donegal Patients are on any of these agenda’s. DACC will keep going.” Donegal cancer group claims lives being deliberately put at risk at hospital was last modified: February 22nd, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
We’ve seen that, except for concerns around security, SaaS continually intrigues many organizations and is seeing exceptionally rapid acceptance and adoption. A report based on a survey taken by Bloomberg Businessweek Research Services though shows some signs that organizations may be running into issues with SaaS.Two surveys were taken, one in August 2009 and another in 2010. Somewhat surprisingly, the report found that there was actually a decline in the number of mid-sized companies ($50 million to $1 billion in annual revenues) that had at least one critical application deployed via SaaS. In 2009, the survey found that was true for 14 percent of organizations, but in 2010, the number has dropped to 8 percent. Similarly, for large companies (greater than $1 billion in annual revenues), the percentages dropped from 8 percent in 2009 to 5 percent in 2010.The report attributes the declines in the numbers to growing pains associated with adoption of new technologies,. Organizations may have withdrawn their SaaS initiatives and gone back to their previous on-premise applications after running into issues. The report suggests that this type of flip in the numbers is common with the adoption of many new technologies. Many organizations may have jumped too quickly into using SaaS for critical applications before they had built up enough experience with the technology. In fact, the number of organizations that are using SaaS for non-critical applications increased from 7 percent to 12 percent.
The Maharashtra Cricket Association is set to earn in excess of Rs 7 crore after hosting the first Twenty20 International between India and Sri Lanka at their stadium on Tuesday, according to its president Ajay Shirke.”We are getting Rs 5 crore from gate money and Rs 2.1 crore through the in-stadia advertisement revenue,” Shirke said. (Also read: South Delhi Municipal Corporation agrees to give DDCA occupancy certificate to host World T20 matches) The stadium has a capacity of holding 33,000 spectators and has been recently upgraded as a Test venue by the International Cricket Council (ICC).With India set to host 12-13 Test matches next season, the stadium is bound to make its debut as a Test venue too.Yesterday’s match the second T20 International being held at this stadium and the third international fixture.The first international game here was held on December 20, 2012, a T20 International between India and England.India played Australia at this stadium in a One-Day International on October 13, 2013.It’s now set to be the home venue of the newly formed Rising Pune Super Giants outfit in the Indian Premier League in April-May.
Image Courtesy: India TodayAdvertisementVinesh Phogat needed to be withdrawn from the 2016 Rio Olympics after having injured her knee in the quarterfinals. Now, she has a second chance at the ultimate prize, as the whole of India’s hopes her to deliver a medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.Image Courtesy: India TodayIn a recent interview given to the India Today group, Vinesh opens up about the expectations that have been levied on her and how she has dealt with all the pressure so far.Vinesh said that the people around her were so happy that she could make it back to the grand stage after what had transpired at Rio.“There is hope and everyone is happy that I have qualified for the Olympics for the second time. And everyone’s prayers have made it possible. People have been very supportive since my injury in the 2016 Rio Olympics. Never felt that I have been alienated and that gives me motivation. And that’s the reason that after 4 years, I have still made it to the same level as I was in Rio Olympics. Not just mine but everyone’s dreams were shattered when I was stretchered off the mat mid-way during my quarter-final bout in Rio. I would like to repay people’s prayers with my performance at the Tokyo Olympics.”No one would have expected such a terrible thing to transpire for Vinesh on arguably the biggest game of her career in 2016.But since that day, the determination and perseverance she showed is the only reason she stands on the grand stage yet again after four years.“I never thought that I would recover and reach the Olympics again. I always keep thinking of getting another chance to win an Olympic medal. Even when I would get tired in training, thoughts of my Olympic dream kept me going. I used the frustration of the last Olympics to secure the quota and it was a big weight off my shoulder,” she said.Vinesh’s cousin and wrestler Geeta Phogat was too in all praise for the efforts and never die attitude the former displayed in the last four years which even saw her win the World Championship in 2019.Advertisement
Pune, Feb 3 (PTI) Yuki Bhambri was far from his best but still managed a straight-set victory over Finn Tearney in the first singles to hand India a 1-0 lead against New Zealand in the Asia/Oceania Group I round tie here today. The 24-year-old Delhi lad, ranked 368, trailed in the first two sets but made amends to take a 6-4 6-4 6-3 win in two hours and 10 minutes against his 26-year-old rival from Wellington who is ranked 414. Ramkumar Ramanathan will now clash with Jose Statham in the second singles. Bhambri won the first set in 47 minutes after trailing 1-3 and then won four games in a row to lead 5-3, the decisive break coming in the seventh game. Although Tearney held serve to stay in the set, the Indian served out the 10th game at with a forehand winner to pocket the opening set. Bhambri was down 0-2 in the second set but recovered quickly to take a 2-0 lead before dominating the third set and winning it with one break of serve — fifth game — as his rivals game went to pieces on the hard court at the Shiv Chatrapati sports complex in Balewadi. The Indian started brilliantly with a service break but then dropped serve twice, after lapsing into errors, to lag behind Tearney and then got control of his play, albeit he committed mistakes at times. The Kiwi was more error-prone and frittered away the early advantage with some loose play. Bhambri took full advantage with some excellent, deep ground shots with his strong suit, the forehand. Later in the set he started serving well and also hit some excellent returns of serve to put pressure on his rival. Bhambri, with a 10-5 win-loss record in Davis Cup singles as compared to his rivals 2-0, broke his rival?s first service game of the match with a forehand winner but then played loose and fell behind 1-3. Tearney lapsed into errors and was quickly down 15-40 on his serve in the seventh game and was broken when he hit a forehand beyond the baseline to help Bhambri take the lead at 4-3. Bhambri served a timely first ace followed by a forehand winner deep into the rival?s court to hold serve for a 5-3 lead and then, after Tearney managed to stay alive in the set he could not stop the Indian from racing away to the opening set backed by some notable serves. The Indian then started on the wrong foot by dropping his serve early to trail 0-2 but like in the first set fought back immediately to restore parity by breaking his rival?s serve in the third when the Kiwi buried his backhand into the net. With order restored, Bhambri broke his rival?s serve in the fifth game when Tearney double faulted and then held serve to take a handy 4-2 lead. PTI SSR AT ATadvertisement
Holland America Line’s ms Rotterdam sailed into the Port of Rotterdam for its milestone 100th call Saturday, July 4.The celebratory event included a welcoming concert in the Cruise Port terminal by a local children’s choir ZangExpress, special luncheon and performance by Dutch singer and winner of “The Voice of Holland” Iris Kroes.In addition, the Port of Rotterdam presented plaques to the ship’s Godmother Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, Holland America Group Chief Executive Officer Stein Kruse and the ship’s master Captain Marco Carsjens.Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands christened ms Rotterdam May 11, 1997, and the ship’s first call at the Port of Rotterdam was June 10, 1998. The current ms Rotterdam is the sixth ship to bear that name in Holland America Line’s history and considered a flagship for the company. Going back in time to 1872, Rotterdam I made its maiden voyage from the Port of Rotterdam. In 2015, ms Rotterdam will make a total of 21 calls at the Port of Rotterdam.”A 100th port call is a big milestone for any ship, but when the ship is named after the city and the company has roots there dating back more than 142 years, it’s all the more worthy of a celebration,” said Orlando Ashford, Holland America Line’s president.Ms Rotterdam is currently sailing a series of Norway and Baltic voyages that range from seven to 14 days. In August the ship will sail round-trip Rotterdam to Iceland.