Ronaldo: I don’t care about anything to do with Barcelona

first_img The Real Madrid star ensured reporters at a media open day that he is fine and said all he is focused on is this Saturday’s clash against city rivals Atletico Madrid in Milan.  CEST “Both the Madrid teams were the best two years ago and this year it is the same, with both reaching the final of the Champions League. Now we will so who is the best again. The 31-year-old added that he would like to score, but it doesn’t matter as long as Zinedine Zidane’s men get the job done, before pointing out the dangers of Atletico.  “I had a small injury problem during the season, but that’s normal when you play over 4000 minutes – more than anyone else in the squad,” he said. He was also asked about Barcelona, but he avoided making any controversial statements about Madrid’s Clasico rivals.  “I feel ready and I will be at my best level for the game of our lives.” “We deserve to win, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. I think we will win. We started slowly [this season], but Zidane has improved us.”center_img 24/05/2016 at 15:33 Sport EN Cristiano Ronaldo has played down fears he picked up an injury in training on Tuesday ahead of this weekend’s Champions League final.  “I don’t care about anything to do with Barcelona. I only care about Real Madrid,” he concluded. “It will be a tough match and there will not be very many opportunities. It is no coincidence that both Bayern [Munich] and Barcelona couldn’t score many past them, but I am confident that at our best we can win. “Atletico have been the same team for years, they play the same way,” he added about Diego Simeone’s side.  last_img read more

Nico Gaitan, presented as a new Atletico Madrid player

first_img The attacking midfielder has highlighted the “insistence” shown by the La Liga club as a key aspect in his transfer to the Vicente Calderon, a deal he already wanted to happen last year. CEST He arrives at the club with his “mind set on competing for everything.” He had been chased by Diego Simeone summer after summer, until the coach finally got his man this past May, from Benfica.  EFE The insistence of Atletico was one of the things that brought me here, I had six years at Benfica, I felt very comfortable, but I took this decision and I hope to enjoy my time as much as possible, as I did at Benfica.” Gaitan said: “I know that Atletico has been interested in me for some years. It is one of the reasons that led me to make the decision to come here. 19/07/2016 at 23:13 He added: “They have followed me for several years. With the national team I would ask my colleagues about Atletico. center_img Atletico president Enrique Cerezo stated that Gaitan is a “winner” and praised his “extraordinary talent”, saying he “makes his teammates better.” Nicolas Gaitan has been presented as an Atletico Madrid player. When a coach chases you and chases you, it is very important.  He believes that the player “at the age of 28, is in the best moment of his career.” The Argentine won 10 trophies with Portuguese side Benfica, and joins for 25 million euros. I hope to respond on the pitch to the confidence they have shown in me to bring me (to the club).” In the VIP hall of the stadium, and afterwards on the field in front of 700 fans, the footballer finally donned the red and white striped shirt. last_img read more

“There’s a very high chance that Neymar will end up staying at PSG”

first_img Juan Linares (@Jlinares91) IN SPORT.ES Upd. on 27/08/2019 at 11:04 CEST ����¡INFORMACIÓN de @jpedrerol! “El REAL MADRID no tiene NADA HECHO con el PSG por NEYMAR”. #ChiringuitoNeymar pic.twitter.com/8ifOwAoeB0— El Chiringuito TV (@elchiringuitotv) August 25, 2019 The negotiations between PSG and FC Barcelona over Neymar are proving to be anything but easy. Although Barça feel they are in a strong position to land the Brazilian, there’s a concern it might all count for nothing. On the football programme ‘El Chiringuito’, Quim Domenech claims that the Barça board are losing faith in being able to secure a deal for Neymar.  Quim says that the club is aware Neymar is much more likely to stay at PSG than he was a week or so ago. ‘Le Monde’ revealed yesterday that in Qatar, they don’t want to sell the Brazilian star and that might have been leaked to both clubs as well. What was already a difficult transfer is now becoming almost impossible. FC Barcelona also believe that Real Madrid are ready to reveal their hand to PSG over a deal too. However, according to the host of the same TV show Josep Pedrerol, Madrid haven’t made any contact with PSG over Neymar yet. “Neymar tiene muchas posibilidades de quedarse en el PSG” 26/08/2019last_img read more

Boxing: Gervonta Davis looking to move to Lightweight division

first_imgAdvertisement cNBA Finals | Brooklyn VsftWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E3gmh( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) lec56Would you ever consider trying this?😱myrcCan your students do this? 🌚0qeRoller skating! Powered by Firework WBA super featherweight champion Gervonta Davis recently has made a conditional decision to move to lightweight.Advertisement The condition: if Tevin Farmer doesn’t win the IBF title fight against Billy Dib on August 3.Although there is still some mouth-watering clash at the super featherweight division against Miguel Berchelt and Alberto Machado.Advertisement The two fighters have been engaged in a three-year-long social media beef and one in-person encounter. Their social media beef has yet to culminate into an actual fight.Advertisement It appears now that we have the conditions for a future bout. The next step is Tevin taking care of business against Dib.As for Davis, a move to lightweight would put him on the short list of potential fights with Vasyl Lomachenko.Names such as Jorge Linares and Mikey Garcia would also be possibilities.So stay tuned Friday, August 3rd as it will shed light on the future of both of these fighters. Advertisementlast_img read more

Another day another F.A. charge on Mourinho for abusive comments

first_imgAdvertisement After previous week’s match against Newcastle , Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho finds himself in yet another thorny circumstance as the FA has charged the Portuguese over ‘abusive comments’.Advertisement Man United had to fight the odds to comeback 3-2 against a tricky Newcastle team. Despite grinding out a win , Jose Mourinho took to one of the TV cameras to blurt out insults in Portuguese.Advertisement The Football Association used a lip reader and the 55-year-old’s remarks were interpreted as offensive. According to the FA’s conclusion Mourinho is guilty of “abusive, insulting or improper language”.Things are falling out of control for the two time Champions league winner and one could say time is running out for the Old Trafford boss.Advertisement “As a friend of mine was saying to me this morning, if tomorrow it rains in London it is my fault,” Mourinho said after the game with Newcastle .“If there are some difficulties with the agreements of Brexit, it is my fault.“I have to be ready for all of this. I think a lot of wickedness and clear man-hunting in football is too much.“It is my life. It is the life I love and since I was a kid I work for this.” Advertisementlast_img read more

Gourav Mukhi suspended by AIFF

first_imgAdvertisement zmgx8NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs7xcxWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E0vjzm( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) bveWould you ever consider trying this?😱oCan your students do this? 🌚guRoller skating! eh6zSee more on YT⬇️⬇️⬇️See more76edBody tricks that only special people can do pt-1e86e2How though? 🤔😂#AdrenalineJunkies7nrjA visualization of how Karma works 6njgz9e3Powered by Firework Jamshedpur FC’s striker Gourav Mukhi has been suspended by AIFF over his alleged age fraud case. Mukhi came on as a substitute in their game against Bengaluru FC and scored his first ISL goal. The commentators exclaimed on the top of their lungs that he became the youngest goal-scorer in the ISL, not taking into account his full-grown mustache and muscular shoulders which depict otherwise.Advertisement Gourav Mukhi is suspended till further noticeAn earlier article of 2015 did the rounds in social media and various news websites where it was reported that Jharkhand had been stripped of their U-15 National Championships after five of their players, including Gourav Mukhi, confessed that they were overage.The AIFF released a press release which read the following, “In the interest of fair play, the AIFF Disciplinary Committee based on prima facie seriousness of the issue has put the player under ‘suspension’ from participation in any AIFF events until a final decision is reached.”Advertisement On paper, he is just 16. Moreover, his passport even mentions the same. But, if he was above 15 in 2015, how can he be just 16 three years later? Indian football is marred with the glaring issue of age-fraud. Winning laurels in age-group tournaments are extremely beneficial in acquiring government jobs through the sports quota, and it is this bare minimum which the footballers run after.Gourav Mukhi is summoned by the AIFF on 24th of November in their head office in November where he will be given a chance for justification. Till then, he remains suspended.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

CWC 2019: Faf Du Plessis reveals that the management tried to stop Rabada from…

first_imgImage Courtesy: The Sports PaperAdvertisement c0uNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs44e6bWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eptnga( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 33qfsWould you ever consider trying this?😱1xf0p7Can your students do this? 🌚9vkRoller skating! Powered by Firework South Africa made their exit from the competition official after their defeat against Pakistan at Lord’s. One of the key reasons behind the Proteas’ failure was Rabada’s poor form which took a huge toll on the team who were devoid of Dale Steyn in the first place.Advertisement Image Courtesy: The Sports PaperIn a surprising revelation, South Africa skipper Faf Du Plessis has revealed that he along with the management tried to stop Kagiso Rabada from participating in the IPL for the Delhi Capitals.The details were revealed when Faf Du Plessis was asked whether Rabada’s inconsistency was as a result of fatigue or not. Despite having a stellar tournament for the franchise, Rabada was subsequently called back home as a result of a back injury which saw him miss out the fag end of the tournament.Advertisement Du Plessis noted that Rabada’s pace was a touch down during the ongoing World Cup and elaborated the situation. He said:“I mean, I spoke about it before the IPL even started, that it’s important that we try and find space to rest our three-format players, because they play all the formats all the time, and then IPL.Advertisement “So I don’t think it’s not necessarily just the IPL, but it was important for a few guys to rest; and the fact that they didn’t mean that they — you know, they came into the tournament not fresh. That’s not an excuse; that’s just a fact. And KG is — you can see that his pace is probably a little bit down from where he normally is,”But the skipper certainly believes that the young speedster would be back to his fiery best in no time. He stated:“So that will be something that KG will need to…you know, he’s a great bowler. He will be able to fix that. His career has been one that’s been probably just going up and up and up and up and up every time he’s played for us. This is probably his first stumbling block as a great fast bowler. So for him now, it will be to show how he responds, how he learns in this period and how he makes sure he gets better. Because he has been great for us, but now he needs to take stock of where his bowling is and then try and get better as a bowler,”Read AlsoICC CWC 19 Preview: England vs. Australia; Who will win this contest of ‘White-Ball Ashes’?CWC 2019- BAN vs AFG: Shakib show puts Bangladesh in contention for semis Advertisementlast_img read more

Revealed : The oldest photo ever taken of the England Football Team!

first_imgAdvertisement vd3dNBA Finals | Brooklyn VsyghrWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Etaniw( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 7llWould you ever consider trying this?😱g4q21Can your students do this? 🌚2wkbRoller skating! Powered by Firework From deep within the archives, a true historic piece of football gem has been found in England. Petter Seddon, a freelance author in the Derby Local Studies Library found a photo in an old newspaper dedicated to football named Derbyshire Football Express. He soon realised that the photo was dating from March 4, 1876 and depicted an England team of 10 players and a referee before a match against Scotland.Advertisement The photo is from England’s 5th international game of football which was sent to a newspaper outlet by one of the players in the team in 1926.Advertisement “It was a huge slice of luck that I found the picture. At the time, I was trawling through articles in the local studies library, looking through pictures to do with Derby County and England star Steve Bloomer and just happened to stop at the picture of the 1876 team. It was a real needle-in-a-haystack job because there is so much on the archives that it would have been easy to miss.” – Peter SeddonA marvelous antique!Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Dirty job wins $500

first_imgDean Manson took home $500 after competing in the 2010 Red Bull Dirt Pipe competition. BRIDGING the gap between snowboarding…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Fierce competition between friends

first_imgBy JARROD POTTER ALANA Field has made her name known throughout the junior cycling ranks, winning a Victorian state title…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img